Position Overview: NextGen EHR Developer/Analyst
Our client is a not-for-profit, federally qualified health center (FQHC) with a tradition of blending medical innovation, teamwork and technology to make a positive impact on the well-being of the individuals living in their community and surrounding counties. As a recognized leader in providing high quality healthcare in their region, our client serves patients with a warm, caring and compassionate personal touch. With over 20 locations around the area; our client prides themselves on providing a wide range of medical, behavioral and therapeutic services based on the personalized healthcare needs of each patient.
About the Community:
This thriving region of Central Texas has earned a reputation as one of the best places to live in the nation, and with good reason. This family-friendly community offers affordable and diverse neighborhoods, from urban lofts to hill country estates. Situated approx. 500 feet above sea level the area enjoys mild seasonal changes; with average summer time highs in the low 90’s and average winter lows in the upper 40’s. Many seek out this city for its variety of large-city amenities including, professional and amateur sports venues, abundant restaurant choices, lush parks, lakes and trails, as well as, a thriving cultural seen supported by a wide range of art galleries, music festivals, theaters and night clubs… you can truly play as hard as you work!
What This Company Offers You:
- A dynamic healthcare IS developer/analyst opportunity reporting to a very personable and supportive CMO.
- Ability to work and make an impact as part of a financially stable and prospering community health center with 20+ locations.
- Robust compensation package for the right blend of experience including, a competitive base salary, full medical benefits, generous PTO, retirement plan with match and relocation assistance.
- Be a part of a growing and reputable organization that is making an impact in their community; the primary healthcare provider for 60,000+ patients in the surrounding communities.
- Collaborative working environment; patient care is number one, but co-workers go out of their way to help each other as well.
The Role You Will Play:
Under the general direction of the CMO, the NextGen EHR Analyst operates as part of a multi-functional health information technology department/program. Its purpose is to innovate, analyze, discover and spread effective technology solutions that help advance the quality and safety of patient care; monitor and improve each patient’s health care experience, lower costs, improve access to care, as well as lower health care disparities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical area. Masters Preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a healthcare or clinical setting. Preferably within a Community Health Center
- Solid clinical knowledge base and project management experience desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge of system design, coding, report building, development and maintenance in a healthcare setting.
- Experience in HIT environment using NextGen EHR and Crystal Reports.