For clinicians and support staff working in community health, the 2019 Community Health Institute and Expo is the place to be in August. The event brings together community health providers in an educational setting that provides camaraderie, fun, networking and a host of best practices you can take back to your facility or use in your own career. Here are some tips and information on the event.
When is it?
This year it’s in downtown Chicago, August 18 through 20. A variety of committee meetings of sub-groups will meet just prior to the show, on August 16 and 17, but the full conference is later the same week.
What to expect?
NACHC’s CHI & Expo is the nation’s largest gathering of community health centers. You’ll meet Community Health Center staff, clinicians, executives, and consumer board members, as well as members of state and regional Primary Care Associations. It’s an important event this year, as we stand at the crossroads of healthcare transformation.
What will I learn?
This year looks to be another jam-packed conference with some of the best and brightest stars in the CHC world. Some of our favorite topics this year include:
- Core Competencies: Tools for Leadership and Professional Development
- Navigating the Credentialing Process and Identifying Strategies to Reduce Waste and Redundancy
- Finance, Fun, and Frustrations with Family Fitness and Childhood Obesity Programs
- I Can See Clearly Now: The Digital Age Implications for Patient Outcomes
- Clinical Workforce: Maximizing Opportunities for Retention and Recruitment
- Tools and Techniques for Effective Board Decision-Making
- Opening New Paths of Investment for Health Centers
- Applying a National Model for Health Center Transformation
- Communication Strategy: Making Advocacy a Key Component
- HRSA’s Operational Site Visit: Preparing for Year-Round Compliance and Performance Improvement
The Grassroots Advocacy Leadership Program is also highly recommended. It is extensive training on health center advocacy with your federal, state and local communities and elected officials. It’s good prep for any individual interested in encouraging your elected officials to be forward-thinking in their approach to community healthcare.
What’s the Expo Portion of the NACHC CHI?
As in past years, attendees will have an opportunity to wander the show floor and talk with vendors of all types, including staffing firms like UHC Solutions. The wide variety of vendor-partners include:
- Accreditation organizations
- Biopharmaceutical companies
- EMR platform providers
- Decision-support vendors
- Dental health vendors
- Equipment vendors
- Financial and financing firms for CHCs
- Financial technology platforms for CHCs
- Healthcare consultants
- Health systems
- Home delivery pharmacy programs
- Law firms
- Patient assessment and monitoring systems
- Telehealth providers
- The American Academy of Pediatrics
We would like to personally invite you to visit the UHC Solutions booth #516.
If your organization is worried about attracting top talent in the coming years, make it a priority to get to know us now. For 21 years we’ve been building our network of clinical teams, administrative staff, and the C-suite, and are standing by to help you find and retain the best talent for your facility. Take the time to get to know us at this year’s Community Health Institute & Expo.